Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A recipe for you, Benoît!

What a nice surprise - I just found out that even some of my friends read this blog! How did I find out? I got a complaint! The complaint being that when I posted a summer menu (July 1st) I didn't give the recipe of the gazpacho. Okay Benoît, here it is!

GAZPACHO
1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and chopped
2 red peppers, cleaned and chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1 white or red onion, peeled and chopped
3 to 4 real ripe tomatoes, cored and chopped
a good slug of finest olive oil
a good slug of real nice vinegar (I use white balsamic vinegar, but pretty much any good quality vinegar will do).

Put all ingredients into a mixer and mix into a soup, add salt and pepper fresh from the mill to taste. Store in the fridge until thoroughly chilled.

4 comments:

  1. I love balsamic vinegar! I am going to make this recipe. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    I also love balsamic vinegar - a friend just gave me a bottle of a 3 year old one from Italy - delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my dear Barbara, your recipe is going to be collected in my personnal recipes book as the Barbara's Gazpacho ;-) It is so delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy you like it, Benoît! La prochaine fois, on va le manger chez toi - à bientôt!

    ReplyDelete