Sunday, July 24, 2011

Belle Epoche in Sablet

I know that some of you might be waiting for the recipes I promised to blog about, but they will have to wait a little because this morning we went to a village fête in Sablet, the village my fellow blogger Michel of "Our House in Provence" often writes about. And because he and his wife Shirley unfortunately had to fly back to California yesterday and so had to miss this unique and very Provençal event, Michel and Shirley - these photos are for you!
The theme was "Sablet à la Belle Epoche" and started with a mass in Provençal at the village church, followed by the blessing of a winestock by Father Pierre Granier and Provençal dancing. All through the village there were demonstrations of old arts and crafts and the villagers strolled about in their traditional Sunday finery.













PS: I am truly sorry some real nice comments to my last post got lost when I tried to edit same post. Somehow this seems no longer possible ever since the "new" Blogger was introduced. Because of some bad misspelling I had to delete and rewrite this post.
PS. PS: Through trial and error I finally managed to get back to the "old" version of blogger so all is well now.


6 comments:

  1. Barbara, if I didn't know any better, I'd say these photos are of people hundreds of years ago. I would have enjoyed this day so much. As for the editing, I do believe you can only edit before posting. By simply saving the posting, you can go in and edit and then post immediately or at a time in the future (post options). I hope this helps. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Barbara, thanks so much for posting these pictures for us. I am so sorry we missed the Belle Epoche event in Sablet. As I told Shirley as we flew home on Saturday, I am so happy we were there in July this year as there are so many special events. Unfortunately, we missed a great one but thanks to you, we can at least see some of what we missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I'd been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a lot of fun. I must have the old version as I edit my posts quite regularly!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so nice to see that some traditions and events are kept alive. I love to see all those happy faces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved looking at all these pictures! Wonderful event!

    ReplyDelete