Sunday, August 18, 2013

A real fast Recipe for Apricot Tart

There is nothing better than a Provençal apricot: those rather small, red cheeked fruits are blessed with such an aroma that I use them all the time when they are in season - preparing apricot Clafoutis (which is always a big success at Cuisine de Provence), cooking apricot jam or whipping up a real fast apricot tart.

Red cheeked Provençal apricots

Which is what I did this morning when I found some apricots that were turning rather too ripe. 
All you need is a sheet of puff pastry, 10 or so ripe apricots, 2 tbsp honey, 75 gr (1/2 cup) powdered almonds, 75 gr (1/2 cup) icing sugar,60 gr (4 oz) butter at room temperature, 1 large egg and 1 tbsp Maïzena (corn starch) and 2 tbsp runny honey.

Heat the oven to 200C/400F.
Unroll the puff pastry onto a baking sheet lined with baking parchment, prick a bit all over with a fork and store in the fridge. 
In a bowl mix almond powder, butter, icing sugar, the egg and the corn starch into a frangipane.
Wash and cut the apricots into halves, discard the stones.
Get the puff pastry out of the fridge, spread the frangipane onto the pastry, decorate the apricot halves on top, drizzle with honey and bake for 30 min. Serve at room temperature as is or with a dollop of whipped cream if you feel like spoiling yourself and your guests. Best about this recipe? It takes all of 40 minutes from start to baked finish!

Apricot Tart

16 comments:

  1. this looks delicious Barbara-we were given apricots Friday & this is what 'the hubby' has made for this evenings dessert, I had him look at your recipe, it is much like his he says but then his changes each time, a little of this and a little of that and none of something else. I follow recipes but I suspect you are much like him. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn, I am sure your hubby's tart was very delicious, too!

      Delete
  2. This looks so appealing I just had to pin it. I adore recipes like this that go together quickly yet have the Wow factor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made a tart in AGES! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it, I am sure you will like it and it is done real fast, too.

      Delete
  4. That sound fantastic, simple and tasty, bookmarked. I imagine it would be good with almost any fruit. Yum yum. Have a good week. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried this with apples some time ago and it was real tasty, too.

      Delete
  5. love a good apricot, and these look to die for!! so as your yummy tart : ) wished I had some with my tea now! xx ozlem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Özlem, come on over, I put the kettle on and we can share the tart!

      Delete
  6. This sounds so delicious Barbara, apricots are one of my favorites. I'm bookmarking the recipe, and will be on the lookout for some lovely apricots at the Farmer's Market (since our old tree is no longer producing.) You share the best recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mari and bon apétit for your apricot tart!

      Delete
  7. Awesome that it only takes 40 minutes to create this beauty! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe! I love apricots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love apricots and you make this sound so easy to make-love it.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete