Sunday, June 19, 2011

Big, Bold and Beautiful - Art on a Roundabout


It is usually my fellow blogger Michel Augsburger of  Our House in Provence who chronicles roundabouts but I suppose I might be forgiven if I borrow the idea this one time. We recently went on a short trip to the north western part of France where I saw this roundabout which I absolutely adored. Whoever the creator was he or she had the guts to to go Big, Bold and Beautiful - qualities you do not find very often on roundabout decorations. A true work of art to be found on a roundabout between Rochefort and Marennes.



7 comments:

  1. I love that roundabout Barbara. I am very glad you shared it with us. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So charming, so clever. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm afraid I could not find your email address hence this note - please can you contact me at carole@expatfocus.com regarding an Expat Focus Recommended Website Award for your site? Thank you.

    Kind regards,

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful artwork and so real:) many thanks for sharing, hope to make it to Provence sometime soon!
    Ozlem

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were absolutely correct! How could you not post something as clever as this! Amazing and artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen anything like this; fabulous.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete