Friday, January 18, 2013

Cookbook Challenge Book # 1 - Recipe # 1

Zucchini Rolls
 
Good thing I dug out the vegetable cookbook I showed you in my last post - here is one recipe I have already decided will be a keeper, perfect to serve as an appetizer: Zucchini rolls filled with a mixture of fresh goat cheese, finely chopped black (pitted) olives, fresh basil, pepper, salt and a pinch of paprika plus a few tbsp of your very best olive oil. Just fry the very finely cut zucchini slices for two or so minutes each side, then leave to degrease on some paper towels for a minute. Spread the filling onto the slices and secure with a toothpick. Serve warm or at room temperature.
And this is how the recipe looked like in the book. You know what?  I think mine look tastier.
 

12 comments:

  1. you are correct, yours do look tastier and good enough to want to try ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, I think our family's favorite vegetable is probably zucchini and with this stuffing, it will be a big hit! Thanks for sharing. I am glad you are doing your cookbook challenge. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great!
    I bet we can substitute other vegetables like peppers, eggplants...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Your's look MUCH more appetizing.

    What a wonderful presentation, and I'm sure they are delicious. Thank you for sharing, I'm looking forward to making these.

    I just love your blog; always beautiful and very informative.

    Merci! ~m.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! I thought there was going to be something like tuna fish in them but no - easy ingredients and amazing presentation!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great appetizer. I love it. I think they are the best way to cut down on carbs and still have a satisfying bite. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love zucchini! Probably have it three or four times a month!This recipe really caught my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous recipe Barbara, my mouth is watering :) Your photo looks so delicious, no comparison with the book : ) x Ozlem

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to serve up zucchini. Fun, festive looking and full of flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be making these...thanks!

    ReplyDelete